From Darkness to Light
In the dark of the year, the God is birthed anew from the Goddess. He ascends rapidly to the height of power, bringing light and glory to the world before finally giving his life in sacrifice, that the world might know abundance. In so doing, he turns the wheel of the seasons and maintains the great cycle of Birth, Courtship, Union, Death, and Rebirth that holds space and example aplenty for us all to grow and prosper and change. In this, we see the model for our power.
- Honor for elders: respect for their wisdom; regard for their needs in policy and care; inclusion of elders as an active, vital part of the society they've shaped.
- Honor for children: regard for their creativity and imagination; cultivation of their individual and collective genius; teaching them respect and dignity by modeling these virtues in our own behavior.
- Honor for women: veneration, recognition and honor for women's roles and skills through history and today; accurate education that highlights women's miraculous creative nature, including reverence for their holy blood.
- Honor for men: respect for the innate divinity of each man with the understanding that his divinity can rise from joint effort and co-operation; by encouraging their ability to connect and build community with wisdom and love.
- Honor for those outside the gender binary: acceptance that all souls are sacred and sovereign unto themselves; affirmation that each has their unique gifts to offer the world; encouragement for each to live their lives as complete and whole persons.
- Access to education and service opportunities for all, including re-skilling toward practical, sustainable lifestyles.
- Healthcare that is free/affordable, accessible, and provided with genuine skill; commitment to the health of the whole being; availability of critical health care procedures regardless of personal, political, or religious concerns; compassionate healthcare for every stage of life.
- Clean water and air; reversal of global warming; transition to renewable energy sources; creative adjustment of lifestyles as needed to facilitate these changes.
- Healthy, natural, affordable and sustainable food; respect and support for those who tend the land and her creatures; awareness of the food chain and its implications as a regular part of education and daily life.
- Awareness of our part in the ecosystem and our kinship with all living things; vast acreages of pristine wilderness; restoration of rain forests, glaciers, and oceans.
- Equal and ethical representation in directly-elected government; a movement toward honorable leadership from the grassroots level.
- Equal rights and freedom of expression for all, with awareness and respect for the complicated levels of identity, including but not limited to: race, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, sexual identity, religion or faith, ability.
- Engaging with each other and relying on shared and individual strengths as a means of exercising power.
- Brotherhood and community, men allying with one another and offering one another respectful, mutual support.
- An atmosphere of inspiration, excitement, and celebration, over mere survival.
- Legal equality for all, with respect for diverse traditions and cultures in every country.
- Deep respect for one’s own body and for the respected sovereignty of the bodies of all others.
- Your own additional visions...